Monday, December 5, 2011

Uzbekistan | Bukhara | Naqshbandi’s Tomb

Baha-ud-Din Naqband  Bukhari, right
Today, the 10th of December according to the increasing irrelevant Gregorian calendar, is the 14th day of the month of Muharram, according to the Islamic Lunar Calendar. (It is also the day of the Full Moon, an auspicious day according to the Mongolian Lunar Calendar.) As most of you probably know, this is the birthday of Baha-ud-Din Naqshband Bukhari (1318–1389), the founder of what would become the Naqshbandi sect of Sufis. During a recent sojourn in Uzbekistan I wandered by his tomb, located in the village Kasri Arifon eight or so miles from Bukhara
Entrance to the Mausoleum of Baqshbandi
Tomb of Baqshbandi
Tomb of Baqshbandi
Tomb of Baqshbandi
Monument in the Mausoleum Complex
Uzbekistan Roses in all their resplendent glory just outside the Mausoleum Complex

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos, Don! BTW, I'm "back" online. Posts will be very slow for a while, though. Hope all is well for you!

    -a mes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you are back! One question: I can't seem to find an RSS feed for your blog. Did you set up an RSS feed on blogspot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I don't have any idea how to do that. Let me look into this RSS feed issue. Thanks for asking! I feel flattered - you are too kind!

    -a mes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Assuming you are using the new Blogger Layout, go to the Blogger Dashboard and click on **Settings** for your blog. The RSS setting are under **Other**. Make sure **Allow Blog Feed** is turned on. This should do it. If you are still using the old Blogger Layout the RSS feeds can still be found on the **Settings** page but under a different heading, as I recall. Then all your fans can get your RSS feed and be instantly notified when you make a new post. I have staying up all night and clicking on your blog every 15 minutes to see if you have posted anything new and I need to get some sleep! Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Sorry about keeping you up late at night! How about this: I will make the change you suggest!

    On another note, I'm still posting old content from a former blog (not at blogger, so everything has to be done manually) onto the blog, so I'm not sure if the RSS feed will pick up the "new", older posts I'm adding. If so, I may wait to add the RSS option until a little later, as I don't want to inundate folks with a bunch of older content.... It's going to be a while before I post any new content, anyway (just because the transitioning between blogs is going to take a while to implement). Thanks, again, for the compliment!

    -a mes

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, so I think I just made the RSS feed possible on the blog. Just for you, Don. So you can sleep at night. : )

    -a mes

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Iris is pretty hot. No wonder your night was so pleasurable! : )

    -a mes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually, it is Morpheus. Morpheus can appear in any shape or form. Morpheus may appear to you in a quite different way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sure.... That's what she said. : )

    -a mes

    ReplyDelete

Italy | Venice | Early Life of Enrico Dandolo

There are few greater ironies in History than the fact that the fate of Eastern Christendom should have been sealed—and half of Europe conde...